Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Content Stalkers - Love em or hate they exist..

Part of my job I get a lot of exposure to the automotive industry. Not a bad thing since I am trying to carve out a niche in that space. One thing I did not realize is that I also have some unsavory fans in the Automotive Digital Marketing Space. Mainly because I don't mind calling a spade a spade.

One thing that I have been working on a little at a time is converting some landing pages I built over from personal branding pieces to affiliate marketing properties. The thing is they rank really well for some of my former employers keywords. One of them that got emailed around the world over the last couple of days is one I converted that gets traffic for the search term Carl Gregory Hyundai.

A few people who have an obvious disdain for me, for whatever reason, made it their point to drive a bunch of traffic to these lens and send emails "telling on" me. For starters I appreciate the traffic. Secondly, they are continually damaging their reputation with people who have more revered ties to the car business, even though they claim to be in the reputation management (< a link to me not them) business.

All is fair in love and war. If they really want a battle with me they will lose. If they keep trying to cause me problems with my income sources I will take every step necessary to protect myself and completely obliterate their online marketing properties with competing properties. I really don't want to take the time to do that but will if push comes to shove.

They are big boys that should realize that when you play with fire you are going to get burnt and that I can pwn them and their online properties in a search engine war. They are good at back room tricks, I am completely transparent. I know what wins at the end of the day. My biggest advantage is they don't. They are still stuck back in the middle part of last century grasping on to those ideas and back room power plays. That is back firing at an accelerating rate!!




, , ,

No comments: