Saturday, April 26, 2008

Use Your Real Name - Day 6

I run a blog about being an Internet Sales Manager and receive many interactions from various Automotive Vendors. Some very positive and some of them are not. Especially when I blog about how screwed up the auto business in its current online marketing initiatives.

I did a post about Dealer Micro Sites not long ago and got a very caustic comment laden with 15 links for this vendor to try to show off his product. Of course I did not approve the post. For starters this individual was trying to pitch his product on my blog, gave a caustic remark and DID NOT USE HIS REAL NAME.

I could of gotten past the first two issues if he had used his name and could of turned into a real positive discussion. Instead he killed the conversation before it got started and was never given the chance to persuade me into looking at his perspective.

The moral of the story is - If you are going to take a stance do it in the open and let your actions be identified with you...

No comments: